The Hubbard Memorial Library is partnering with the Massachusetts Center for the Book to provide a fun and unique monthly reading challenge for 2024! Each month you'll be challenged to read or listen to a title that fits the theme.
How to participate:
- Choose a book that fits the monthly challenge.
- After you read, click here to tell Mass Center for the Book about the book.
- Using the NEW submission manager, you will be able to log in and access the entries you’ve logged throughout the year.
- Dedicated readers will be invited to a year-end celebration hosted by Mass Center for the Book.
- If you read a book in each of the 12 months, you will be entered in a drawing to win 1 of 2 totes filled with books.
- New this year! The Mass Center for the Book will be drawing two names on the last day of each month to win a free book! Make sure you get those entries in before the end of the month.
We know it can be hard to find books to fit the theme. So we've created booklists to help!
- February: A book with a color in the title
- April: A book about nature, the environment, or climate change
- May: A graphic novel
- June: A book that inspired a film or television series
- July: A book by an author born outside of the United States
- September: A debut book by a Massachusetts author
- November: A relaxing, soul-soothing book
Don't forget, you can always ask a librarian for a recommendation!
Join the Mass Center for the Book's Facebook page, 2024 MA Reading Challenge. You'll be able to discuss what books you've read with other participants, as well as get ideas for what books to read. Be sure to check it out!