The Hubbard Memorial Library (HML) is a member of the C/W MARS, a Massachusetts chartered
cooperative public library system serving the one hundred forty-four libraries of Central and Western
Massachusetts. HML applies the same privileges, responsibilities, and fees to all C/W MARS cardholders,
no matter which C/W MARS library originally issued their library card.
HML maintains a Circulation Policy and applicable procedures to ensure that all patrons are provided
with consistent and equitable services from Library staff members and that every patron has clear
expectations of their rights as an C/W MARS cardholder.
- Applicants for library cards must supply photo identification and proof of current address [seeidentification appendix] and complete and sign HML’s registration card. Cardholders are responsible for the safekeeping and use of their card, including all items and fines charged to their account, unless the card has been reported lost or stolen. Lost cards should be reported to HML immediately to avoid unnecessary charges, and may be replaced for a fee. All lost cards will be marked inactive until replaced. [See Fee Schedule Appendix]
- HML will not provide, verbally or in writing, a patron’s library card number in lieu of replacing a lost card. Cards damaged by regular wear and tear will be replaced by HML at no cost to the patron.
- Cardholders are only allowed one C/W MARS card in their name. Upon application for a library card, HML will verify that the applicant does not already have a card within the C/W MARS system. If HML finds that an applicant has a preexisting C/W MARS account, the applicant must update the information on the account, take care of any outstanding fines, and pay the replacement fee before a new card will be issued.
- HML reserves the right to withdraw borrowing privileges from any patron providing HML with false registration information.
- A parent or guardian may obtain a library card for their juvenile aged 0-11 by providing a valid form of identification and proof of current address [See Identification Appendix] and signing the registration card. Upon signing, the parent/guardian assumes responsibility for all materials and any fines incurred through the use of the child’s card. The child must be present at the time of registration.
Approved by the Hubbard Memorial Library Board of Trustees 09/18